Handmade, hand-etched "sea star" ornament. These make a great stocking stuffer or hostess gift for an ocean lover.
Each is handmade and hand-etched in my woodcut-style design, using traditional sgraffito (etching) techniques in a contemporary way. The other side is left as bare clay, showing the texture of a star-fish.
Comes strung with twine, and ready to hang.
FREE SHIPPING (U.S.) for STUDIO FRIENDS!
- Size: Approx. 4.5" from tip to tip
- Made of clay (a mix of porcelain and stoneware clays)
- Decoration etched through black underglaze and bisque-fired to approx 1945 degrees/F
- Piece then covered with a gloss clear glaze on the etched section, and left as bare clay on the other
- Final fired to approx. 2200 degrees/F