Handmade and hand-etched in my woodcut-style design, this mug features a hummingbird and lupine, bordered by a checkered design. I used traditional sgraffito (etching) techniques in a contemporary way to create a pattern swirling in the background and animating the mug with movement.
READY TO USE: food-safe and safe for both microwave and dishwasher
COLLECTING and USING: Great entry into starting a collection of pottery from contemporary makers. It is art you can use every day, and surrounding yourself with handmade objects is good for the soul!
FREE SHIPPING (U.S.) for STUDIO FRIENDS!
- Size: Approx. 4"H x 3.5"W
- Holds: Approx. 10-11 ounces
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- Handmade, one-of-a-kind
- Decoration etched through black underglaze and bisque-fired to approx 1945 degrees/F
- Piece then covered with a clear glaze (over the etched image) and glaze on the rest of the mug before being final fired to approx. 2200 degrees/F