Two humpback whales meet in the middle of this handmade, hand-etched mug. Perfect for the ocean-lover in your life, especially if it's you! It is ready for daily use, and is microwave and dishwasher safe.
This stoneware piece is handmade and hand-etched in my woodcut-style design, using traditional sgraffito (etching) techniques in a contemporary way.
READY TO USE: food-safe and safe for both microwave and dishwasher
COLLECTING and USING: Great entry into starting a collection of pottery from contemporary makers. It is art you can use every day, and surrounding yourself with handmade objects is good for the soul!
FREE SHIPPING (U.S.) for STUDIO FRIENDS!
- Size: Approx. 4.25"H x 3.5"W
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- Made of clay (a mix of porcelain and stoneware clays)
- Handmade, one-of-a-kind
- Decoration etched through black underglaze and bisque-fired to approx 1945 degrees/F
- Piece then covered with a clear glaze (over the etched image) and black matte glaze on the rest of the mug before being final fired to approx. 2200 degrees/F