This plate is encircled by four crows and swirling leaves. It is handmade and hand-etched, with a one-of-a-kind design.
Please note that the glaze is a matte surface (rather than the shiny gloss glaze in some of my other pieces). The matte glaze highlights the tactile, etched surface.
It can be used as a functional plate at your table and/or hung on the wall for a piece of art in your home.
This stoneware piece is handmade and hand-etched in my woodcut-style design, using traditional sgraffito (etching) techniques in a contemporary way.
READY TO DISPLAY: Each plate has holes drilled in the top center rim, and a wire is supplied for easy hanging. (Hang from nail or sturdy picture hanger.)
COLLECTING and USING: Great entry into starting a collection of pottery from contemporary makers. It is art you can use every day, and surrounding yourself with handmade objects is good for the soul!
FREE SHIPPING (U.S.) for STUDIO FRIENDS!
- Size: 9.5" Round x 1.25" H
- Has holes on the top back foot, ready to hang
- Wire supplied for hanging, if desired
- Made of clay (a mix of porcelain and stoneware clays)
- Decoration etched through black underglaze and bisque-fired to approx 1945 degrees/F
- Piece then covered with a matte clear glaze
- Final fired to approx. 2200 degrees/F
- Pieces are food-safe
NOTE: This item is for one plate only, shown in primary photo. The other photos show how the plates look stacked, and a sample of the back plates – where holes are drilled in the foot for easy hanging from a wire. Wire is supplied.